- Information We Collect
Where We Collect It From. We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, or order products; and
- Our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
What We Collect. The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, postal address, email address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as Social Security number or TIN, and postal code;
- Login information, such as username and password; and
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, billing address, and bank account number.
Automatic Collection. When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. We may also use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services (including whether you are a repeat or first time visitor); and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views, website navigation patterns and items added to cart but not ultimately purchased).
Statistical Information. The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
- How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals. A do not track signal (“DNT”) prevent web applications from tracking you. You can learn more about DNT at https://allaboutdnt.com.
- How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Services, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services and transactions conducted using the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms of Sale and other agreements; and
- Comply with relevant legal requirements and industry standards.
Other Uses. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- Disclosure of Information
Who We Disclose To. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information about you:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Sale and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Xcel Web Marketing, users of the Services, or others;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these promotions; and
- With your consent.
- Data Security. We have implemented measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- Your Choices. We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
- Promotional Communications
If you do not want us to use your contact information to promote our products or services, you can opt out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile. If you have received a promotional email from us, you can also opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
- Web Analytics
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want your personal information shared with third parties for their own promotional purposes, you can opt out by:
- If you are a Xcel Web Marketing client, logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- If you are a Xcel Web Marketing customer, by opting out through your “frequent customer” account. If you do not have a “frequent customer” account, you can opt out by viewing your specific order number through the Site.
Your opt-out will not apply to personal information already shared with third parties prior to the date you opt out.
- Third-Party Tracking
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- Accessing and Changing Your Information. You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by:
- If you are a Xcel Web Marketing client, by logging into your account and managing your personal information through your account or by sending an email request to us.
- If you are a Xcel Web Marketing customer, by sending an email request to us.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by mailing your request to 1444 S. Entertainment Ave. Suite 410, Boise, ID 83709, Attn: Privacy.
- Children Under the Age of 13. The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us using the email address provided below.
- Data Transfers. We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States, pursuant to our Data Transfer Addendum. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- Notice to EEA and UK Residents. Privacy and security are crucial in our approach to product and business development. We continuously evaluate all our practices in an effort to safeguard your personal information as effectively as possible. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to help our users comply with GDPR to the extent GDPR so requires.
- Retention of Data. We will only retain personal information for as long as it is required to provide you the Services you have requested, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Your Rights. You may exercise the rights afforded to you under the GDPR, including the right to access, correct, update, and/or delete your personal information. You may also object to the further processing of your personal information and request portability of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the email provided below.
- Consent. You may withdraw your consent that allows us to collect, store, and otherwise process your personal information, at any time. Please contact us using the email address provided below to do so.
- Data Protection Authority. You have the right to complain to an applicable data protection authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority, contact information may be found here.
Last Updated January 5, 2023